Understanding military environmental test standards can be a very overwhelming and daunting task, even for experienced engineers. For example, the MIL-STD-810G Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests is a whopping 800+ page document. Here at MIL-STD.org, we strive to provide an easy guide to the Military Environmental Standards in a compact and digestible format.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- The official MIL-STD-810G N1 downloadable version from www.ATEC.ARMY.mil
- Quick reference guide for the MIL-STD-810G N1 and a more detailed guide
- Wikipedia’s MIL-STD-810 page
- Beginner’s overview to 8 of the 28 more common tests from GCN.com
- Link to purchase the “History and Rationale of MIL-STD-810“, published by IEST.org (Please note that MIL-STD.org is not affiliated with IEST.org and we don’t make any money by referring clients to their website.)